Monday, April 13, 2015

The Circle Of Life


The Circle Of Life
(From the Emerald Isle to the Sapphire Waters of Croatia)

  A lot of you followed my Irish Travel Blog as I made my way from Dublin to Killarney, met up with old friends and made lots of new ones. I even found a Yoga and Zumba class and eventually felt like a local. I like to think that traveling the green rolling hills of Ireland, as often as I have, was not only for myself but for my mom as well, since she didn’t get the chance to go.

Going to Croatia has also been a dream of mine, and as I write this, I must admit, I’m feeling fairly emotional. Along with knowing how blessed I am to be able to travel as much as I do, I am very excited to see where my dad’s family came from.

Croatia is 9 hours ahead of us and the forecast calls for 60’s during the day and 40’s at night. At 1pm Wednesday, Croatia time Denny and I will be landing in Dubrovnik.

As I was packing the last few things in my suitcase tonight, an interesting thought crossed my mind. I am about to take a journey to a part of the world where my ancestors came from. In just a few short days, I’ll be looking into the faces that will remind me of my grandmother, and my dad, my aunts and uncles.
 
I am about to hear the language that I remember from when I was really young, sitting at the dinner table with my Grandma Brozovich. It was a flashback really, reminding me of how it felt when I first went to Ireland.  

As Alex Haley said “"In all of us there is a hunger, marrow deep to know our heritage - to know who we are and where we came from.”

 OH MY GOD! I have looked so forward to this trip for such a long time…

So from the Emerald Isle to the Sapphire waters of Croatia I dedicate this travel blog to Mom and Dad.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment