Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Always A Warm Welcome


I arrived about 10:30 Wednesday morning to a cold, cloudy beautiful day in Dublin. It was great to be back. With suitcase collected, the shuttle right outside the door I was at the hotel before noon. The room wasn’t ready so I had lunch which was delicious as always. I almost always have the fish and chips but today, I decided on the roast pork and vegetables mostly because it came with mashed potatoes.

I like arriving early in the morning so I have the whole day to walk around and remember the beauty that staying at the Arlington, just off O’Connell Street has to offer. You can walk past the River Liffey three, four, even five times a day in your travels and it seems to look different each time., something new about it, can’t say for sure what it is.

I found a pair of boots when I was out and about today to wear with jeans and I decided to add another “Ireland” sweatshirt to my collection. It was just 42 degrees when I arrived so coming from almost a hundred degrees at home, although a welcomed change I was going to need something heavier than the two lightweight sweaters I had brought.

When my room was ready, I was surprised to find it was the same exact room I had last year, very small but just perfect for me and my computer.

Dinner was a treat, just a toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a cup of tomato soup, topped off with a glass of wine.

It’s about 4 AM now and you should hear the noise outside, folks just coming in from the pubs. I’m going to go back to bed and am looking forward to breakfast at seven and the Dart to Howth for the day, more when I return!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment