Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Waking Up In Killarney


I am singing the praises of Killarney this morning! I woke to the sunshine bursting through my window. After arriving yesterday to the pouring rain, freezing cold and dark skies, all was good in the world. I pulled back the curtain to see the newspapers being delivered to the newsstand across the street. Everyone had a spring in their step this morning. Killarney has had more than their share of rain this summer I am told. 
 
 I walked across the street in time for the eight O’clock Mass.  I love going to Mass when I’m here and it’s so easy as the Friary is right across the street from Murphy’s where I’m staying.  I came back and had breakfast and then headed out for a good walk. Thus began another day in Killarney.

When I was walking to the post office this morning to mail a postcard to the boys, WOW! I miss you Ollie, Joe and Vinnie. I thought I heard someone call my name.  “Barbara it’s Cathy! Cathy from Zumba last year.” I looked over to see Cathy Troth across the street from indeed the Zumba class I went to a couple of times last year.  It was so nice to think she remembered me, recognized me. We stood and talked for about 20 minutes. Killarney has certainly wrapped her arms around me over the years. My days are filled with such excitement, and emotion, a real feeling of belonging.

Here I am writing this in the cozy sitting room of Murphy’s, the piped in music is playing “Stranger on the Shore” It’s pouring rain.

 Feeling at home~ missing home.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment