Thursday, September 3, 2015

Irish Charm

 
I went to the beautiful fishing village of Howth this morning. It was raining when I left but I figured there was a good chance it wasn’t raining there. It was just drizzling and before I left to come back the sun was out.

  I wandered over to the Abbey and the cemetery and then into the village where there were a few very nice shops. I walked into the Lysaght Gallery, it was a small area when I entered and the lady working there was waiting on someone at the time. She told me if I wanted to see the gallery it was upstairs. I noticed that she was showing the customer some antique jewelry. There was a little meditation room, where she offered Reiki, massage and reflexology, it was such a magical place with music playing, so calm and peaceful.

When I came down from the gallery I asked her if she had any charm bracelets. I told her the story, which some of you already know. I recently lost my little jewelry pouch that had a charm bracelet in it that I was going to bring on the trip to start collecting charms for. She brought out two bracelets that were just perfect for what I wanted, but when I looked at the price I said,

 “Oh this is more than I really wanted to spend, but it would be nice to have an antique bracelet rather than buying a new, more modern one.”  

 I asked her if I could try it on, she put it on my wrist and it looked nice. I then tried on the other one. I don’t know what happened at that moment, but my eyes filled with tears and I knew I had to have it.

I’ll tell you~ if that wasn’t a sign this bracelet was meant for me I don’t know what is.
 
“I’ll take it!" I said

Now let me clarify something, this bracelet wasn’t as expensive as this is starting to sound. I can still afford to put charms on it. I wore it out of the shop and I doubt I’ll be taking it off.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment