Sunday, September 20, 2015

Memories Are Made Of This


A walk along the lake at twilight wasn’t something I had planned until the phone rang in my room. It was Saturday night, I had just pulled my hair back with a head band, covered my face in cream and was about to sit and listen to the Notre Dame game from my computer. The phone rang and it was Eileen, she was downstairs and wondered if I wanted to take a walk.

Off came the cream, I grabbed my sweater and raincoat and we were on our way.  We drove over to the beautiful Lake Hotel, where you can walk all along the Muckross Lake, it got dark very fast and was a gorgeous night. The picture is of a castle that used to be. It was beautiful at night. We had a cup of coffee inside the hotel and re-visited the last 10 years that we’ve known each other.

All moments are special in Ireland, but it’s moments like this, an unexpected phone call and a walk along the lake with a good friend that will linger in my heart for years to come.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment